Thursday 28 July 2011

RAISING A RUCKAS


Good progress is being made with the objection to the planning application and we are in hope that it will be in a fit condition to submit very soon, we have twenty one days and so far we have used six of them. What is odd is that none of our neighbours have received letters like ours and no notification has been published in the local newspaper or indeed in the form of an announcement somewhere near the proposed site, on a lamp post say or the fence. Since these are legal requirements we are beginning to wonder if our letter was perhaps in the nature of a tip off. Perhaps we have a friend in the planning department,I do hope so.

Quite a few people have asked if we are getting up a petition, so many in fact that it seems like a good idea, even people from quite far away, visitors to the Park have expressed their disgust at what is being proposed which means that our campaign is not just a local one. So now we are preparing to raise a ruckas , suddenly I am no longer alone, my courage has returned and I am ready for what ever comes. Wish me luck.

I treated Pa to eggs Florentine for breakfast, it is a bit of a fiddle but well worth the trouble, Our spinach is wonderful this year and I love the smooth sharpness of the Hollandaise sauce against the richness of the egg yolks, yum!

My little cat had an alarming experience this morning for which it appears she holds me responsible, in any event I am persona non grata as far as she is concerned, let me explain.
I believe I mentioned the huge pile of ironing that was threatening to avalanche well......this morning I opened the airing cupboard door to extract a shirt. All would have been well had not the cat, always keen to avail herself of a new and exiting roost whizzed past me ,made a jump for it and brought the whole lot down upon her head! She was buried completely, muffled howls of rage emitted from the disorderly pile of t shirts ,trousers and shirts, and it took a good deal of careful excavation to remove madam from beneath the weighty load. On gaining her freedom she bolted from the room with a wild shriek and has since then maintained an air of injured dignity which is comical to behold.

When later in the day I offered her some catnip and a cat treat the simply turned her back and stalked off in high dudgeon. As if that was not punishment enough I then had to tackle the unruly pile of ironing and it took hours as that by the time I had picked fruit , cooked it , put it into the jelly bag to stain, made two large orange lavender cakes it was time to cook dinner.
I have promised myself that I shall spend tomorrow in the garden so woe betide anything,or any one who interferes with that resolve.

My sore throat has returned with renewed vigour and my son says that he feels whoosie and aches all over, I do hope that we are not in for round two of whatever that blasted virus was, I have dosed myself with large amounts of vitamin c and zinc, apart from prayer I can do no more.

I cooked one of our favourite pasta dishes tonight using courgettes from the garden, this is a real seasonal treat which we only eat for a few months of the year. This year I have also grown some yellow courgettes which look very attractive on the plate. If I am not mistaken I posted the recipe for this dish last year, however if you can not find it let me know and I shall post it again.

The sun is very bright this evening and the corn marigolds in the field opposite look even more like shimmering gold than usual, there is a queue of young blue tits waiting patiently for a turn at the bird bath, they are so tiny and yet so full of life. I am always surprised at how polite they are compared to other birds, take starlings for instance they squabble continuously, their antics are comical and quite absorbing.

Here comes the cat, I wonder if she has forgiven me yet, I think it much more likely that she wants her supper, the way she has behaved you would think that it was she who had spent all morning ironing.......perhaps I should have a good old fashioned sulk and see what happens. The last time I had a soulful fit some offered me a dose of indigestion mixture....charming!

No comments:

Post a Comment