Friday 15 July 2011

MY GOOD NEWS


My own news is good,today I saw the consultant about the problems with my kidneys and although I do have another stone he thinks that it can be treated with Lythotripsy. This is quite a painful treatment but it does work and it is certainly better than surgery.
The really good news is the he does not think that the lumps on my kidneys are anything to worry about which confirms what my doctor told me a few weeks ago. It seems that they are the legacy of the damage that was done some years ago when I almost died, an incorrect diagnosis had left me with several large stones and an infection so severe that it almost killed me. This time they are on the ball so things should be easier, I hope so. Even so I should like to give a large piece of my mind to the G.P. who told me that the lumps could well be serious, it is fortunate that I am not the type to panic although I had picked out the music for my funereal,
just in case you understand!

My lovely son, always generous has given me the gift of his poxy cold, he has been suffering for a few days and now so am I. I feel as if I have cotton wool in my ears, chewing gum in my sinuses and a sumo wrester sitting on my chest. I do wish that he would keep these minor pestilences to himself.
It seems that the dust may be beginning to settle at my sons place of work although I fear that the fall out my linger for quite some time not least because of the appalling way in with it was managed.
Sadly my son will be loosing many good friends and a in particular a colleague of whom he thinks very highly.
It could have been worse I suppose but for those who are leaving it is very sad indeed. I wish them all the very best of luck where ever they go and whatever they do with all my heart.

This affair has ripped the guts out of an already demoralised workforce and I hope that the owners of the company(Hedge Fund Types,Need I say more) do not live to regret their decision. It has been my experience that if someone gets where they want to be by stamping upon the heads of others sooner or later he,or she will get their come comeuppance, karma if you like. Even the likes of Rupert Murdock are not immune from the flying fickle finger of fate!

I had visitors this morning, they young couple who are to be married soon, she is so sweet and he obviously adores her. I made them a breakfast, and chatted for an hour or so, it made me stop and take a break so that was good for me.
The meeting of the conservation group which should have taken place today was cancelled late last night and it came a great relief as with a cold I did not feel like sitting in a stuffy pub for three hours, there is nothing that cannot wait until next Friday which will be much more convenient for me any way.

I have invested in a couple of mosquito nets for my son and I, we have both been bitten so often in the past few weeks that that we look like a couple of “Spotty Muldoons” and oh boy do they itch. I stood in a supermarket queue the other day scratching away at the bites on my arms and before I knew it the whole queue was scratching and one woman actually changed queues after giving ,me an accusing stare. I must remember that next time the supermarket queue is a long one, it is certainly a great way of thinning them out!he odd thing is the they never ever bite Pa, lucky devil!

Weekend is almost here and for those with plans to have fun and I hope you enjoy every moment and for those who, like my son have to work keep safe on your journeys and may all you bosses be out of the office for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment