Friday 8 July 2011

PANIC STATIONS


We all woke very late this morning, this was most likely due to the fact that non of us has slept properly for days in my case this was due to excessive heat, my son has had other reasons which he will not divulge. It was lovely to wake up feeling refreshed for the first time in days and I thoroughly enjoyed my coffee as I planned my day. I enjoyed watching our illustrious leader Cameron squirm as he was repeatedly asked about his relationship with the ex editor of The News Of the World, who was arrested this morning.

This whole business stinks to high heaven if you ask me. Here is the scenario, The boss messes up and so the owner has everyone except her fired. There does seem to be a regrettable tenancy for the poor bloody grunts to get the push when there is trouble at the top. The management never seem to consider the possibility of firing their own sorry asses when the going gets tough, we see it every day, some of us at closer quarters than others, and yet it is logical to lose one manager whom no one will miss to save three of four workers who make the companies money from joining the dole queue.

Here is a general question for any one out there, What does your boss actually do? What does his boss do? Think about it, I will bet that he does not even tell you what to do because he is waiting for someone to tell him to tell you what to do, does that sound familiar, I thought so!

Now back to this morning, I had decided at about eleven thirty that it might be a good idea to get up when I suddenly remembered that today is a bread making day and that I should have had it baked and out of the oven by now. With a loud cry of “Oh bugger!” I hastened to the kitchen and began rather belatedly to make the bread. As it turned out we had all forgotten as we were too busy congratulating ourselves on having already done most of the weeks chores.

With the bread in the oven we sat down to a breakfast of buttery crumpets and croissant and strawberry jam, by now Things had calmed down a little and we discussed the forthcoming space shuttle launch, I should say the last space shuttle launch. My son feels very strongly about this and believes that it is a wasted opportunity, so much so that he has written a book on the subject which is soon to be published. I have read it, it made me cry!

I spent the rest of the day playing catch up which pays me out for lazing about this morning but I do not care, it was lovely and for two pins I would do the same thing tomorrow morning.

My son has been besieged by e mails this afternoon as despite all efforts to ensure the send ing out of vital information on time the person responsible for these communications buggered it up again, still no one will be asking him to leave I will wager!

No comments:

Post a Comment