Monday 11 July 2011

NO ROOM AT THE BOTTOM


Until this morning I have only been surmising as to what on earth has been the matter with my son for the past couple of weeks....now that I know I have to say that a more ridiculous woolly minded amateurish, cack handed way of going about things I have never, even in my wide experience with damn fool managers been unfortunate enough to encounter. You could not make it up and if you did no one would believe it.

So people are to be made redundant, and for no good reason that I can see, that is bad enough. There is a department called Human Resources, in my day it was called the personnel department,. Still I suppose that Human Resources as a title separates the work force from the Lower Order Primates Department, which comprises “The Management including and this is important ,the Human Resources team.

As I understand it there are several tiers of “management” higher than my son so that if redundancies are to be made you might suppose that one of them should and in fact is probably paid to deal with the matter,. It should be the higher management who make the decision as to who is to go...and why, but no either they whimped out, which is my guess, or in an attempt to give things a democratic air they have turned it in to a nauseating travesty by having the poor buggers chose a representative to liaise with the work force. This has the effect of keeping themselves well out of the way when the excrement gets in to the air conditioning(which incidentally has not worked properly for years,)

Since the Human resource department seems to be doing bugger all at the moment perhaps they could be made redundant as according to my understanding of the criteria they certainly are well ahead in the cock up stakes. Already there is talk of protests as although the Management has stated that all departments will be able to avail themselves of the redundancy package since at least one department has been told that there will be no redundancies amongst their number it hardly seems likely that any of them will avail themselves of this generous offer . They have in effect been ring fenced.......why? I am not surprised that people are angry, protest away guys .In my day we would have been wandering round with a length of clothes line looking for a tall lamp post to hang the buggers from, but please don't shoot the messenger, who through no fault of his own cannot defend him self at this time

During the entire process “the Management have been conspicuous by their absence presumably cowering cravenly in the trenches.........I mean their offices while the poor reps go over the top on their behalf. I suspect that they are afraid that some one might speak harshly to them, poor dears. It seems to me to be a despicable act because you see these representatives are by no means exempt from the threat of redundancy themselves.

You may think it odd that a company could be run by such a pack of baboons but why not. There is a town in the north of England which recently elected a chimpanzee to Mayoral office so there is , as you see a precedent.
I have marvelled at the apparent ineptitude which has over the years seemed almost mind boggling.

For a company that relies for its very existence of hard ware that works it seems insane to continue flying by the seat of their pants as they have for some time But what is in my opinion the worst of their crimes is the fact that without the loyal hard-working people , some of whom are about to get the push there would not be a company. These people have stuck it out through years of mismanagement and dodgy decisions. They have soldiered on in spite of having their morale at rock bottom for months, in short they deserve better that they are getting.

They deserve at least to be told by some one in authority what is going on and why. In fact they do not deserve to lose their jobs at all.

The sentiments expressed in this fearless expose are entirely my own, however if anyone out there knows what I have been burbling on about they may well agree with me, the whole business sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment