Wednesday 27 July 2011

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT


Since writing of my unhappiness about the possible loss of my garden I have been touched by the kind concern expressed by some of my readers. To all those who work with my son many thanks for your kind messages of support it meant a lot, and do not worry I shall fight this one whatever happens.
To alifemisplaced,, bless you for your message, I was feeling quite tragic and it cheered me up a great deal, although your style of writing rather puts my own to shame, I can forgive you anything since you are so kind.

Today I found myself unable to settle to anything and this is a state of affairs which cannot continue. There is fruit to pick and bottle, weeds to pull and the pile of ironing now threatening to engulf me whenever I open the airing cupboard door has reached epic proportions. Shelving all these concerns I did the only thing which will ease my mind and continued with the letter of objection to the planning department. I went through the plans again and again so as not to miss any thing and set out my reasons for objecting to the proposal.

Losing the garden is only a part of the problem, we shall also ,it seems lose our access down the side of the house to the rear of the property so that we shall have to bring the dustbins out through the kitchen and living room. Also we shall loose the only place where we can house our mobility scooter and if we have to part with that our lives will be unbearable, it would be true to say that our landlord has been keen to get us to leave ever since Pa became top ill to work on the estate , if these plans go-ahead it will not just be our garden that we loose but our home too since we will not be able to cope with the new conditions. The garden thought is the most important thing and as a family we are agreed that we will do whatever it takes no matter what.

Now that I have things down on paper I do feel a little more settled and as my wonderful son has promised to do the formatting for me I hope that soon it will be on its way to the planning department.

What is really funny is that the Local Authority along with the estate which wants to build houses on my garden have just jointly launched a biodiversity plan with a splendid launch at the stately home of the duke who owns my house, talk about hypocrisy...you couldn't make it up..

After all that writing I took a stroll down the orchard to pick a few apples and to check up on the progress of the damsons, this year will be a bumper harvest of both.; already the jars of jewel coloured preserves are filling shelves and cupboards in my kitchen. After a slow start the courgettes are now prolific and I predict that within a week of two I shall be hearing “oh God , not courgettes again.” from the boys.
I have enjoyed the cooler air today, soft weather I think the Irish call it , as I sat writhing skein upon skein of geese flew past my window heading for the river and all honking wildly as they passed, a spectacle with entertained my little cat very much. Incidentally the little madam woke me at the crack of dawn this morning importuning to be let out in to the garden, when she starts to howl she is impossible to ignore and so I staggered down stairs to play door man to her Ladyship. No sooner had I opened the door than she sped up the garden path skirling like a novice bagpipe player and chased off a pair of young foxes who had the temerity to sit on her catnip bush. She has patrolled the front harden all day, growling and with her fur fluffed out Those poor cubs have got not chance against her.

Soon now my son will leave for work and I shall see Pa safely in his bath, he has been great today and my son treated him to his favourite railway magazine,its wonderful to see him taking an interest in these things again. I am in sore need of a good nights sleep and shall do all in my power to make sure of it...lime flower tea, lavender bath, lemon balm pillow you know the type of thing,actually I think that a 5lb lump hammer applied to the cranium would be more successful, but perhaps a little too permanent for my taste! Night night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment