Thursday 14 July 2011

MUSICAL CHAIRS


Today is judgement day and it sounds as if even these tragic events will have more than a small element of farce attached. It seems that the people whose arrival has made redundancies necessary are to begin work today, on the day when those who opted for voluntary redundancy learn their fate which seems a trifle insensitive to me. To make matters worse it has been deemed unnecessary to make seating arrangements for the new comers, I foresee a good deal of embarrassing shuffling about. Good Grief, if management can not even decide where these unfortunates(late face it folks they will hardly be welcomed with open arms) are to park their bums it bodes ill for any more complicated arraignments, such as who does what.....and when?

While I expect that the new comers will not be expecting a warm welcome one might suppose that they will expect to be able to sit down. Having an impromptu game of musical chairs is unlikely to lend a party atmosphere to these sad proceedings and may well increase the natural resentment of those displaced on their behalf.

It is also rumoured that they bring with then their own leader and assistant leader and once again no provision has been made for them as regards their proper accommodation. I would also suggest that this may well cause much confusion as to who is actually in charge and the balance of power will certainly alter as a leader and deputy are already in post.....so who decides whom is in charge, May I suggest pistols at dawn behind the cathedral?

I expect from my trenchant remarks you will have realised that I am more than a little partisan, that is to be expected, however I am sorry for the poor souls who today will enter in to the seventh circle
they must be apprehensive to say the least. This is a situation fraught will difficulties being made more so by lack of preparation . The expression “Managerial Inertia “ springs to mind, these people do nothing until catapulted in to it by the force of events or a swift kick in the pants!

To any readers who are not concerned in the events which have monopolised this blog for days I say this, there is every chance that your own managers are every bit as inept as the ones featured here. It will there fore perhaps place you on your guard against such overpaid under worked characters. as these. While people I care about are in trouble I do not feel able to prattle airily away about the birds , the garden and the menu for today. Please bear with me,I feel that I must report these matters for as long as this situation continues. It feels a little like publishing an underground newspaper in time of war, my only regret is that I did not have the facts earlier.
Disclaimer

No phones were hacked to obtain information for this article, nor were any bribes offered......Oh hang on a minute, there was that bag of toffees.........does that count​?

I had occasion to visit the hospital today as the confirmation for my appointment tomorrow had not arrived. There were people sobbing in corners, hugging each other, groups of people were huddled together whispering and every where I looked I saw hospital staff talking on their mobile phones. It seems that today the entire admin staff were told that they would have to re-apply for their jobs and to expect drastic cuts in staffing levels.......20 per cent plus! I spoke to a member of staff I know and she told me that most of the cuts were to come from the lower orders and not from the higher echelons who's main concern is not to lose their hand made leather shoes in the thick pile of the luxury carpet in their offices.......no surprises there then!

No comments:

Post a Comment