Sunday 9 October 2011

APRICOT COOKIES




Yesterday I tried out a new cookie recipe on some real experts, my son;s work colleagues and I confess to being a little nervous, thankfully they went down well with those lovely people and a number have even asked for the recipe so here goes

4oz butter
2 oz caster sugar
4 oz flour
2 oz soft dried apricots chopped
apricot jam

Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy then stir in the apricots and the flour.
Roll on to walnut sized balls and place on a greased baking tray leaving about two inches around each one. Make a well in the middle using the handle of a wooden spoon dipped in water. You may have to jiggle it about a little if the handle is small and be sure not to go through to the bottom. spoon a little jam in to the holes, I found a coffee spoon worked best and then carefully press down with a fork dipped in hot water. It is best to press around the jam not on it or the jam squirts out.

Bake at 175 o C for about fifteen to twenty minutes, allow to cool for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Good luck. Love Avie x.
Oh yes, thanks Liam for you kind compliment on the cookies, I am so glad you liked them. I have another new kind to try next shift which I hope you will enjoy.

I have spent the day attempting to get back to normal but some how I still have the galloping horses in my tummy and a crowd of thoughts prevented me from sleeping last night until around four in the morning. Even so it was nice to know that we are safe in our home again and I felt overwhelmingly happy every time I though about it, I made some coffee and ate a couple of cookies at two and then watched a film until at last I fell asleep. I had not realised just how worried and unhappy I had been until it finally sank in to my befuddles brain that it was over.

I made a big batch of chutney this afternoon with Jan's tomatoes it turned out well and I shall send you some jars next shift.

I am so looking forward to next week, our first for a long time without the threat of losing our home, this place is so very dear to us all, and I am like a happy snail in my little shell.
Next week we shall revel in our new found peace and each others company in Avie,s small world.

Just one more thing Homme de plume, thank to for caring so much about my battles, it is good to have someone cheering me on, and please write some more your blog is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment