Monday 17 October 2011

A BUSY NIGHT AND A PESTIFEROUS DAY


A pox,a plague and a blight light upon the N.H.S in general and our doctors surgery in particular! I called this morning to arrange an appointment for my son only to discover that our G.P is on holiday again and the practice is so busy that I could not get an appointment until next Monday. It is barely a month since he had four weeks leave which I mentioned to the receptionist who like many of her calling seems to feel that she is employed to keep the patients as far away from the doctors as possible.

Naturally I played merry hell and managed at last to secure a word with a member of the practice who prescribed some strong pain killers and told me to call again if their was no improvement. All this took quite a time and it was late afternoon before I could collect the prescription and take it to a pharmacy. The prescription is for Solpadol which contains 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol per tablet and he is to take two of these four times a day.

I gave him a dose with a cup of tea as soon as I returned home and the effect they had on him taken on an empty stomach was to knock him out cold. He is still sleeping and I have no intention of waking him for work although he will be furious with me I know. He is asleep and out of pain for the first time in days, I cannot tell you what a relief that is to me.

I shall call his line manager this evening to appraise him of the situation and we shall take it from there. I friend called to see him yesterday and was quite shock to see how ill he looked, and it is true, he looks like hell. To begin with he is exhausted and has been for a long time, this business with the decorators has been the final straw and an acute lack of sleep has catapulted him over the edge. Add to this the dreadful pain he has suffered and it is small wonder that he looks ghastly.

In spite of this all he talked about was going to work and I was obliged to deliver a few trenchant remarks upon the subject of his employers, which of course went in one ear and out the other.

One happy occurrence today was the arrival of our copies of my sons book which will now have to be signed yet even this great event was overshadowed by his health problems. The book is now on sale through LULU what ever that is, I am so proud of his work which has already received glowing reviews from the proof readers and others in the know. I just wish that he was well enough to enjoy the moment he has worked for over that past couple of years.

I spent a quiet hour or two wrapping Christmas gifts for family members living far away,I like to get them posted in good time and then it is off my mind. We shall have a good attendance for the meeting with our Member of Parliament, judging by the number of replies so far I shall be hard pressed to squeeze them all in to my little cottage, which is no ones idea of the T.A.R.D.I.S. We shall manage I expect and it is certain the a crowd in a small place will look more impressive that a few people in a large hall. I hope the

intervention of our M.P and a few local councilors who will also be attending that we shall prevail in our fight against the developers.

Having spent the greater part of last night making hot drinks and filling hot water bottles I am rather bleary eyed and more than a tad weary today.
My troubles have been added top be the unfortunate habit that my hip has developed of popping out from time to time. This is extremely painful and causes me to fall over so that I am black and blue at the moment. For once Pa is the healthiest of us all, the second time this has happened in recent weeks and something of which he is very proud, bless him. With his new calliper he is pottering about and has been able to help me here and there and now that he is taking less medication for his epilepsy he is less confused and his memory is better. Thank the Gods for this blessing, it is something to hold on to at the moment .

Even our little cat is sad and is camped outside my sons bedroom door dashing in whenever she gets the opportunity, or perhaps it is the huge Mongolian fur throw covering my sons bed which is the attraction, Call me a cynic if you like but I do know cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment