Sunday 16 October 2011

ROLL ON MONDAY


Today has been remarkably quiet at home, with my son keeping to his room and Pa learning how to adjust his new calliper. For once though I have hated the quiet because it s the sort of quiet which falls upon a house when someone is ill, how glad I shall be tomorrow when my son can speak to his own doctor and hopefully get some help.

I decided to make porridge for breakfast in the hope that my son would be able to eat some and he did eat a little, not enough though and I am getting more concerned about him by the day. At the moment he is insisting upon going to work tomorrow night and I know from bitter experience that nothing I can say will make him change his mind. Only the Gods know why he is so damned loyal them.

I spent a part of the afternoon rearranging our meeting with Mary McLeod . Our local member of parliament who was supposed to visit us on November the 18th and now wishes to come on the 5th of November,it is, not to put too fine a point upon it a bit of a bugger.

I am however very much aware that we are damned lucky that she is coming at all and having engaged her interest in our problems nothing will be allowed to stop this meeting from going ahead. Far too much, including my kitchen garden and orchard depends upon what happens at that meeting. We believe that the woods opposite our home are also at risk from the developers...we have spies everywhere...we must protect the badgers, owls kestrels and bats who inhabit this lovely old woodland.

Quite how I shall fit all these people in to my small cottage I have yet to work out but we will manage somehow I am sure.

Evening meals are proving difficult at the moment because of my sons problems but I believe that he is not hungry in any case . I made him a soft cheese omelette for dinner, he loves omelettes and he barely touched this one, I really am very worried indeed. I shall try him later with some hot milk with brandy and cream, a favourite family cure for most things.

How chilly it was last not, I woke at around two and reached for my fur rug, later when I made a hot drink for my son I noticed that the lane was filled with dense fog which swirled about just as it does in all the best horror films. Twiggy spent last night in bed with Pa keeping her little pink paws warm by tucking them into the neck of his pyjamas.

I do not expect much sleep tonight so I have put together a selection of DVDs to watch.

The Ghost Goes West, The Lady Vanishes, Rebecca and The Fantastic Four, if these do not get me through the night I have Ground Hog Day in reserve, I shall most likely have square eyes by morning.
Two large G's&T later....... I now feel much less stressed, we have decided that the central heating must go on and I have hoovered all the fluff and cat hair which has collected in them during the summer time in the hope that this will prevent the annual allergic reaction to dust which I experience each year at this time. I have changed my mind about Ground Hog Day and have chosen Rear Window... the original of course instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment