Friday 14 October 2011

UPS AND DOWNS AND DOWN THE HATCH


I am becoming very worried about my son who has been unwell for the greater past of this week. He has been in a good deal of pain and today he is much worse. Like all men he has tried to brush it off but toady even he has had to admit that there is something very much the matter. He has refused to see a doctor and now of course it is the weekend and the surgery is closed. In this neck of the woods the N.H.S direct doctors are not much use, experience has taught us that all they do is keep you waiting for hours and then tell you to see your own G.P as soon as possible or else advise you to visit A&E.

The last time my son attempted to get an appointment with his G.P it took the best part of a month before they could fit him in by which time he had been without his hypertension meds for three weeks. The doctor refused to fill his repeat prescription as he was due for a review.
By the time he was examined the doctor discovered that his blood pressure was through the roof....surprise surprise!

I have made him as comfortable as I can and at the moment I can do no more, it is so much easier to nurse a child who as a rule does as he or she is told,men can be so stubborn when it comes to illness. I have know my son go in to work on many occasions when he was really ill against his Doctors advice and my own and I would rather try to give a pill to an angry Tom cat than to attempt to get my son to take so much as an aspirin.

On piece of good news is that the apologies have arrived fro both the estate manager and the maintenance manager and I sincerely hope that this will be an end of the matter. However since both men were at pains to apologise for “Any misunderstanding there may have been .”I am not sanguine as to this and I shall accept these apologies in the spirit in which they were written

This is however a great occasion in the life of this estate as I am reliably informed that no such apologies have ever been received by members of staff from any of the managers. I shall accept these apologies with the same qualification as was expressed by their respective writers!

I have just given my son a cup of coffee well laced with brandy in the hope that it will help him to sleep, a combination of decorators at dawn and the pain he has been suffering have not allowed him to sleep properly for several weeks and he is now quite exhausted, I think that I might treat myself to a large G&T before bed myself, drink is a great solace I find and it has to be said that I have solaced myself quite often during the past few weeks. Cheers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment