Thursday 20 October 2011

FITTING A QUART IN TOP A PINT POT1


It would appear that I am a victim of my own success as far as the meeting with our Member of parliament goes. I had wondered if we would have enough people to make a good show at such shorty notice and at such an odd time of day but behold, I am being inundated with requests from people who wish to attend. Mt cottage is very small, hence the problem.

The strange thing is that the people who I thought would be keen to come are not the ones who are banging my door down for an invitation and thing have really hotted up today.
Our Chairman, who it must be said has been acting rather oddly of late has said that he will look in but will not stay if we seem to have too many people....excuse me, it is he whom I had supposed would speak on our behalf to our illustrious guest. My neighbour too is being very coy as to weather or not he will grace us with his presence, I can not make it out.

One thing I certain, numbers will not be a problem, almost everyone in living in this part of the village is keen to show solidarity and if we get too many people it occurred to me that we might have a bonfire in the garden and hold the meeting in the orchard, which is after all part of what we are fighting for. Any idea we had of using our local pub was scouted by the exorbitant ammonium the wanted to charge us for a room which would be empty at that time of the night.

I refuse to worry about the meeting, after all if too many people show up it will show the strength of feeling in the area for our cause, which since winning the battle of the churchyard as increased a great deal. I suppose there are those who would rather back a winner and now that we have proved that we have the clout to get the better of our Local Authority others are prepared to join us in the fight.

On the home front our breakfast guest stayed until lunch time as we had lots to talk about, he is a good friend as he is always welcome here at any time, he has a good appetite too which qualifies him for the breakfast club. I made Potato Pancakes today which was lucky as these are his favourite breakfast. It cheers Pa up to have someone like this to talk to and that alone would make him welcome, he is also a very kind person and has helped us many times with problems around the house.

His young daughter recently married is someone of whom we are all very fond at it was good to catch up on news of her and her husband, we may see them at the weekend so I had better get some baking done.

My son is now insisting upon returning to work tomorrow night, I think he I insane but who am I...Just his mother! With a doctors appointment on Monday I would have at least waited until then, but he is adamant. One good thing is that at least he is in a lot less pain now although he has asked for soup for dinner again and I have made a rich tomato and roast Mediterranean vegetable soup and there will be enough left over for him to take to work tomorrow night if he does not feel like a ham and cheese baguette.

I have returned after a long dry spell to my old acquaintance with the evening G&T, what my urologist would make of this I cannot say but what he does not know will do him no harm, besides a short life and a merry one has always been my motto!

I have had not further contact with any one from the Estate since the apologies arrived and I hope that peace has now been restored. We have had two weeks without any molestation and it is wonderful,I am beginning to believe that we have truly won and I am more glad for that than I can say.
We can settle down now and prepare for the festivals of winter, which are of great import too us all, beginning soon with All Hallows, and a great feast a festival at once of remembrance and thankfulness, of light and of hope, a hope that no evil will befall our people in the coming year, and a pledge to the future. I wish health wealth and happiness to you, wherever and whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment