Monday 3 October 2011

REPELING BORDERS (AND THEY CERTAINLY ARE)


Last week while my son was at home the decorators did not appear until Wednesday when they did a little desultory paint stripping, on Thursday they painted the front and back of our house and on Friday they sat on our garden seat talking for several hours until three and then left.
This morning they arrived at eight in the morning and prepared to put their ladders up to my sons window and although I managed to stop them the following altercation woke him and once again he will have to work tonight without having slept.

After breakfast he decided to lie down in his room and rest hopping pt nod off for an hour or two but it was not to be, at ten thirty a joiner arrived to remove his bedroom window which was, he claimed rotten. Baffled I asked him why the decorators had spent half a day last week painting a window that was to be removed, he too was baffled. I think that in the light of all of this we may be forgiven for believing that we are the victims of harassment. What next, who knows? I moved my son into my bedroom for the rest of the day, needless to say he did not get much rest, the noise as they chiselled out the old window was very, very loud, this cannot continue.

Meanwhile I spent hours on the telephone attempting to arrange a meeting with my husbands Trade Union Rep, after five calls to different offices I am currently still waiting for a reply. In between making these abortive calls I marinaded some chicken breasts, roasted a pepper ready for skinning , made a tabbouleh and bake four large loaves..multi tasking I think they call it, by tree in the afternoon my head was splitting and I was inclined to say “Sod it”

It was at this point that the Head Gardener arrived and informed me of his intention to hack down the privet hedge in order to give the decorators access for their ladders, he intends to do this tomorrow morning. I gave him to understand that his attentions were not welcome and that should there be any noise trouble would follow. Totally exhausted by this time I poured my self a G and T and went to sit in the shade for half an hour.

On top of everything else Pa has acquired a tummy bug and visiting the bathroom has been difficult with people working on the windows, my sons bedroom window is next to the bathroom one. It never rains as they say.

Dinner was lovely but we are all tired and worn out with the worry of what is going on and our conversation was all about our problems . I am so worried about my son, he cannot function without sleep and this is the second week that this has happened , what to do next, I do not know?

The bright sun shine has been lovely today and once again the cat Twiggy has sent most of it lazing in the garden following the shade from place to place. Her nights are spent sitting in the window watching foxes and occasionally nipping out to catch a mouse while it is nice and cool.

I think that I should like to be a cat....if I had an owner like me, when I see Twiggy rolling in the long grass with a …..this is the life air..... about her I am forced to agree that is .....if you can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment